Dedicated Team is one of three most popular client-to-customer collaboration models in software development. The Dedicated Team model is on par with the Time & Material and Fixed Price models.
If clients decide to work on the Dedicated Team model, first of all, they want to see the team of professionals, carefully selected in accordance with the requirements of the project.
The Dedicated Team is fully focused on the IT solution, while the client is in control of the workflow and is able to refocus the attention to high-level tasks. The development service provider is responsible for the formation and administrative support of the team.
It is worth noting that the Dedicated Team model is very flexible. In the industry that is growing as fast as technology, the lack of flexibility means a loss of opportunities and inability to implement new ideas.
However, before deciding on a collaboration model, it is important to investigate the business needs and assess the risks.
So what projects is the Dedicated Team model suitable for?
- Projects that strive to grow and expand rapidly.
- Big projects that keep growing. Your in-house team will work on more important, business-focused tasks, while the amended team does additional work.
- Long-term projects with multiple tasks.
- Fixed workflow projects.
- Companies that are planning to expand.
In what case will the Dedicated Team model not be effective?
This model will not work if you have a tight budget and a tight deadline, or if your project is small or short term.
Let's highlight the benefits of the Dedicated Team model:
- Predictable and defined budget.
- Since the scope is not strictly defined, requests can be changed at any time.
- Full control over team management.
- Dedicated team members have a deep understanding of the client's project and business goals.
- Constant communication with the team.
- The team is stable and completely dedicated to a specific client.
Disadvantages of the Dedicated Team model:
- Ineffective for short-term projects.
- Team management takes time.
- The Dedicated team model can be more expensive than the Time & Material one for projects that do not require ongoing development.
Summing up, we can say that the Dedicated Team outsourcing model is ideal for a dynamic project with changing requirements.
Dedicated team helps to get specialists who will completely be immersed in the specifics of the client's business. In addition, the team is flexible to the customer requirements and can scale up on a project if needed.
If you want to create a team dedicated to only one project, then this model is exactly for you and JSN will help you to create such a team!